• Home

Friday, September 08, 2006

Digico D1 Demonstration

Earlier this week I took a trip to Melbourne to have a demonstration of a new digital console. Thanks to the guys from Group Technologies for being very hospitable and looking after me for the whirlwind day.

The desk I was demoing is the Digico D1. I know that I said in an earlier post that the Digidesign Venue was an amazing desk, and it still is, but the D1 is in a class of its own. If you want to read my review of the desk, head over to this link - D1 Review.

Here is a very bad picture of the desk. Unfortunately by the time I remembered that I took my camera down with me, we were running out of time to get back to the airport so this rushed and blurry shot is the best I could get. Still, I think it makes it look cool.



Compare that desk to the rigs that I usually mix on


If I needed a piece of hardware for everything available on the D1, I would need 4 of those sound consoles, and easily another 2 or 3 of the stack of rack gear beside it. You can see why I want a new desk :)

0 comments:

This blog has moved to Blog.bagobonez.com. Please go there to see new posts.